Companies Act, 2013 Applicability in
CS-June, 2015 Examinations
Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has issued clarification about applicability of the Companies Act, 2013 for Company Secretaries June, 2015 Examination.
The Institute, by issuing clarification on its website, clarified that Provisions of Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder shall be applicable for June, 2015 Examinations. Also, it has been clarified that the questions papers shall carry the questions from Companies Act, 2013.
Further, the Institute clarified that those sections of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder which have been notified by the Government of India and came into force up to December 31, 2014 shall be applicable for June 2015 Examinations.
The clarification issued by ICSI also specifies that the Amendments / clarifications / circulars issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, upto December, 2014 shall be applicable for June-2015 Examinations.
The following words of the clarification talks about the applicability of provisions of Companies Act, 1956:
"In respect of sections of the Companies Act, 2013 which have not been notified till December 2014, applicable sections of Companies Act, 1956 will continue to apply."
The clarification is applicable for the following students appearing in the following Papers:-
- Students of Foundation Programme (New Syllabus)
- Students of Executive Programme (New Syllabus)
- Students of Professional Programme (Old & New Syllabus)
What is applicable..??
According to the clarification, Following are applicable in the examinations:-
- Provisions of the Companies Act, 2013
- Rules made under Companies Act, 2013
- Regulations made under Companies Act, 2013
- Notifications / Circulars / Orders issued by MCA
- Provisions of Companies Act, 1956 (to such extent where provisions of Companies Act, 2013 are not applicable)
Companies Act, 2013 Click here....
Institute of Company Secretaries of India had provided the Study Material [Module] based on New Companies Act, 2013 on its official website website [www.icsi.edu] for the students going to appear in Company Secretaries June, 2015 Examinations.
For Foundation Programme (New Syllabus)
For Executive Programme (New Syllabus)
Click here - Paper - 1 [Company Law]
For Professional Programme (Old & New Syllabus)
Click here - Paper -1 [Advance Company Law and Practice]
You can download the other study material by clicking the following links.....
Reading Material on Companies Act, 2013
[Issued by ICSI]
- Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental Thereto
- Prospectus and Allotment of Securities
- Share Capital and Debentures
- Acceptance of Deposits by Companies
- Registration of Charges
- Management and Administration
- Declaration and Payment of Dividend
- Accounts of Companies
- Audit and Auditors
- Appointment and Qualifications of Directors
- Meetings of Board and its Powers
- Appointment and Remuneration of Management Personnel
- Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation
- Compromises, Arrangements and Amalgamations
To view the official clarification issued by ICSI, click the following link...
- Tax Updates for CS-June, 2015 Examinations
- New Study Material for Tax Laws & Practice for CS-Executive Programme
- Various Downloads for Examinations
- Fill in the blanks - Advance Tax Laws & Practice
- True-False - Advance Tax Laws & Practice
- Objectives - Advance Tax Laws & Practice
- Quick Notes on Income Tax & Wealth Tax
Companies Act, 2013 Click here....